We are very sad to announce the following…
• Debbie “DJ” Brantley passed away on July 21, 2022. DJ worked for the association for over 24 years. Perhaps one of the funniest people we’ve ever met, DJ was a pleasure to know and spend time with. She will be greatly missed.
• Diane Minor passed away May 2022. Services will be held 11:30am June 18, 2022, at the
Shepherd Of The Valley Lutheran Church, 4191 Cochran St, Simi Valley, CA 93063.
• Beverly Pickrell passed away. There will be a memorial service held on May 21, 2022 at 10:00 am at Pierce Brothers in Westlake Village.
In lieu of flowers, Beverly’s family is asking that donations be sent to Alzheimer’s Foundation of America or Toys 4 Tots, a charity she was actively involved in.
• Past President Mike Hanley passed away on February 18, 2022. The Hanley family invites you to join them in honoring Mike with a service, May 1st 10:00AM at the North Ranch Center in Westlake Village. Donations on behalf of Mike can be made to Sunshine Kids.
Sunshine Kids is an organization that plans amazing adventures for kids with cancer. For a week, it takes them out of their hospital environment to enjoy a unique experience with other kids who are also battling cancer…. allowing them once again to feel like a regular kid.
Donations on behalf of Mike can be made to:
C/o Linda Kay
BHHS California Realty
2860 E. Thousand Oaks Blvd.
Thousand Oaks, CA 91362
or directly to Sunshine Kids using the “Donate Now” option on their site at SunshineKids.org
• Marietta Baer passed away.
• Cathy Wood has passed away. The Wood family invites you to join them in sharing food, memories, stories, pictures and love for Cathy. March 20th at 2:00 pm, floral attire is encouraged in honor of Cathy’s 70th birthday and the first day of Spring. Please RSVP by March 11th to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Jane Blackwelder passed away.
• Linda and Lisa Toth lost their mother and Summer Toth, her grandmother, Vera “Laureen Toth, on December 29, 2021.
There will be a memorial service on January 15, 2022 at the Valley Oaks Memorial Park, 5600 Lindero Canyon Rd, WLV.
Viewing at 11:00 am, services at noon in the main chapel and a graveside burial at 1:00 pm. Following the service, family will be celebrating her life with tours of her home around 2:00 pm.
• Pat Miller lost her husband, former member Jerry Harsha, on December 19, 2021.
• Tonie Ross passed away on December 9, 2021.
“Last Caravan” for her on February 4, 2022 at Evolve Real Estate, 559 Country Club Dr., Simi Valley, CA 93065,
11:30 am to 1:30 pm. RSVP Required by 1/31/22 805-551-6298.
• Dave Wheeler passed away on September 26, 2021.
• Kandis Swimmer-Landmann passed away on September 22, 2021.
There will be memorial service in Thousand Oaks, CA on Monday, 9/27/21 at 10:30am.
• Past President Gayle Sutton’s mother Barbara Jean (BJ) passed on September 2, 2021.
• CSMAR was just informed of the passing of long time member Don Leonard. Don passed away following heart surgery on February 23, 2021.
• Team Member, Dawn Maher’s Mom, Sue Cajka, passed away on March 27, 2021. In lieu of flowers, the family asks for donations to the American Heart Association.
• Kipp Condos passed away on February 12, 2021.
• Ray Holmes, passed away on October 16, 2020.
A graveside service for Ray Holmes will be Wednesday, October 21, 2020 at 10 AM at Assumption Cemetery,
1380 Fitzgerald Simi Valley, CA 93065, followed by a Celebration of Life at 326 Capri Drive, Simi Valley, CA 93065
• Buzz Burner passed away on June 27, 2020
• Tom Murray passed away on June 11, 2020
• Buren Blackwelder passed away on May 19, 2020
• Ryan Wetnight passed away on May 1, 2020
• June Murray passed away on April 7, 2020
A Celebration of Life will take place later this year and details will be posted when available.
• Past Member, Norman Panczak, passed away on March 7, 2020.
Service Information, will be posted if received.
• Past Member, Bob Adams, passed away.
March 23, 2020 5:00 pm to 9:00 pm.
Viewing to be held at Reardon Mortuary, 2636 Sycamore Dr. Simi Valley 93065.
March 24, 2020, 11:00 am
Memorial Service will be held at United Methodist Church of Simi Valley, 2394 Erringer Road, Simi Valley 93065.
• Past Member, Barbara Swenson, passed away on March 8, 2020.
Saturday March 14, 2020
9:00 am to 11:00 am.
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, 480 Sinaloa Rd, Simi Valley.
• Member Beverly Ovdat lost her husband Saul Ovdat on January 31, 2020.
More information will be posted if received.
• John Churchill passed away
Celebration of Life for John will be held on December 17, 2019
2:00 pm to 4:00 pm at the 94th Aero Squadron at the Van Nuys Airport
• Long time Member Barbara Burner passed away on October 11, 2019.
A Celebration of Life for Barbara
Tuesday, November 5, 2019
Ascension Lutheran Church
1600 E. Hillcrest Dr, Thousand Oaks, CA 91362
In lieu of flowers, donations can be made to One Challenge, PO Box 36900, Colorado Springs, CO 80936-6900 in memory of Barbara Burner.
Service announcements are below:
Saturday, October 12, 2019
Discovery Church of Simi Valley
580 E. Easy St, Simi Valley, CA 93065
• Photographer Chuck Rogers who worked with local REALTORS® for over 40 years passed away on September 18, 2019
• Long time past Member Carole Journell lost her husband Larry Journell on August 29th. Larry died surrounded by His Family and Friends. His Wife Carole by his side.
September 13, 2019 at 11:00 am
Valley Baptist Church Olive Drive Campus
5500 Olive Drive, Bakersfield CA, 93308
• Affiliate Member Laura Hertz lost her Brother Eric Gertz on August 10th
There will be a memorial service at Mount Sinai Memorial Park, 6150 Mount Sinai Drive, Simi Valley, CA 93063 at 10:00 am on Sunday August 18th.
• REALTOR® Members, Emilio Mora and Linda Gonzalez lost their Sister Nay Romano on August 8th.
• Long time Member Cathy Harts husband Corey passed away, Cathy has been a member for 35 years.
• Mike and Pat Hanley lost their son Philip Hanley on May 21, 2019
Celebration of Philip’s Life
June 16, 2019
11:00 am to 2:00 pm
North Ranch Community Center
1400 N Westlake Blvd, Westlake Village, CA 91362
• Simi Valley Moorpark Association of REALTORS past Executive Officer Barbara Swink passed away on Monday,
May 6, 2019
Monday May 13th
StoneBridge Community Church
4832 Cochran St, Simi Valley, CA 93063
Service at 11:00 – Reception at Noon